Monday, May 16, 2011

One Month

This  sweet dress was one of mine when I was a baby.
Caroline is now 1 month old.  She is such a sweet, happy baby and we couldn't be more thankful!!  I was so worried about having a girl--I didn't think I would know what to do! But I'm having the best time with this little girl--it's so much fun to get her all dressed up in those cute dresses and outfits!  It's like having my own real life baby doll!!
She had her doctor's visit today and she weighs 8lbs. 15 oz.--almost 9 lbs!  That still seems pretty small to me (especially compared to some of her "friends" that were born around the same time), but she's in the 50th percentile, so perfectly average.  I guess she'll be a petite little girl!  
However, she's 21 3/4 in. tall--90th percentile for height!!  So whatever she's lacking in weight, she makes up for in height.
She's sleeping pretty good for me at night--we're up for 2 feedings still, but she's starting to drag out the last one that we'll hopefully drop very soon. She takes good naps during the day (somehow sleeps through Grayson singing at the top of his lungs--he even goes in her room to sing and she doesn't seem to hear him).  I'm even able to get a good afternoon nap while Grayson is sleeping.  
We are so thankful for all of the support we've had from family and friends these past few weeks as we were adjusting.  Our church family provided meals for 3 weeks and now we're receiving meals from our amazing neighbors!! So I have been so blessed (and spoiled!!) not to have to fix many dinners so far.    Thank you thank you thank you!!!

No comments: