Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Big Boy Bed



Yesterday I attempted to put Grayson down in his big boy bed for his nap for the very first time. Much to my amazement, it didn't seem to phase him and he went right to sleep as usual!! I couldn't believe the transition could go that smoothly, so we put him to bed that night in his big boy bed (prepared to be up in the middle of the night at least once), but, much to our surprise, he laid down and went right to sleep!! We didn't hear a peep until his normal wake up time--and he was just sitting there talking to his bear bear. We couldn't be more proud of him!! He seems to love his new bed! I guess I wasn't prepared for it all to happen so fast!! During his naptime, I walked into the nursery and saw his empty crib--I couldn't help but cry--just realizing that he may never sleep in his crib again!! My little boy is growing up so fast!

4 comments:

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

I wonder if baby wise kids all transition easy. Ella was just the same. So glad he did so well and don't worry, you will have another sweet little one to fill that emtpy crib soon.

kenzie said...

that makes me want to cry too! just because I know that I'll be following this transition soon :( too fast!

Leslie said...

Whoo hoo!! I sure hope Greer transitions that easily!!!!

Karyn Hughes said...

Yay Grayson! What a big boy. I'd have cried too!