Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Talking and Standing

This week Grayson has really started "talking". We can kind of understand what he's saying. He's really good at "dada" and he tries to say "book", "light", and "D" for Dakota. He points at everything and puts some kind of sound to it.

He has not yet tried to pull himself up, however he will stand and likes to stand if we put him in that position (Lazy!?!). On a good day, he may even try to take a few steps. He's not very eager to walk at this point.
I decided today to drop all bottles completely. I don't really understand this whole "weaning" process. I feel like I'm teasing him to offer him the bottle for some feedings and not for others. So... sippy cup it is! He's doing pretty well--I guess he'll figure it out. As far as solid foods, this child will eat or at least try anything! So I know he's getting filled up on food! By the way..it's soooo nice not to have to deal with bottles anymore--and I have so much extra space in my cabinet!

Mimi made Grayson this cute outfit. I love it with the little knee socks!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love it! His hair is getting so long! He will start walking when he's ready... I found with Chase that he could get around so much better and faster crawling and he wasn't wanting to change a good thing... until about 11 1/2 months old! :)

Leslie said...

I love him!!!.