Monday, December 5, 2011

Making Progress

 Christmas decorating definitely took a little longer this year, but it is finally done.  It seemed that as I hung one ornament on the tree, 2 or 3 were coming off!!
 We also started our advent calendar ON TIME!  I finished putting it all together on November 30!!  I have GOT to get a head start on this next year!  (I'm pretty sure I said that last year)

 Grayson has had so much fun opening a new door each day to see what activity we'll be doing.
Yesterday, we made a gingerbread train.  The ONLY part he was interested in was eating the candy!
 But in the end, he was very proud of his creation.  And he still can't  keep his hands off of it!
Tonight he will be taking a warm bath with his new gingerbread soap! It's funny how the simplest things can make a child SO excited!

 We also started our Jesse Tree readings each night.   Grayson looks forward to hanging a new ornament on his tree and then we sing Christmas hymns.  It is so important to us that Grayson understands the true meaning of Christmas, so we have been stressing these truths daily. 

1 comment:

Sarah and Drew said...

I love all your traditions. Our ornaments have definitely inched their way closer to the top of the tree as Cole just can't resist them. Especially the round glass "vintage" ones from my childhood!