Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fun with Mimi

Last week Mimi came to stay for a few days so that I could do some last minute shopping.  This is a season in my life where it is easier to just stay home during the day.  I don't even try to run my errands and do grocery shopping with the kids in tow.  I just prefer to save myself from stress and frustration.  We get out only twice a week to visit the library and to have playgroup.  The other days we hang out at home or try to plan play dates with neighborhood friends so that we don't have to get in the car to go anywhere. 
As a result, I spend many nights and weekends back and forth in the car just to get things done.  My sweet husband is very patient with me.  

Now, all of this to say...having Mimi here was so nice!  I was able to get so much done.  She played with the kids while I did all of my running around!  Caroline's teeth decided to pop through while she was here, so our night time was not so peaceful.  Sorry Mimi!!  She doesn't normally wake up at 5am crying, but oh well, such is the life with a baby! 

No comments: