Monday, August 8, 2011

Nursery Update and a Master Bedroom Redo

 I finally hung (well, actually Chad did it for me) a chandelier in Caroline's room (we actually did this a few months ago, I'm just finally sharing).  I had wanted to hang one from the very start, but never did and just concluded that it wasn't really necessary.  However, I was just never satisfied with the plain, boring light hanging in her room.  So, I found this old chandelier on craigslist and gave it a pretty pink paint job.  I love it and the room seems so much more complete to me!!
 I don't think I ever shared this nook.  This shelf was one that my dad made for me when I was little.  It was always in my room growing up.  The night before I went into labor, I had a burst of energy and made the bulletin board.  Unfortunately I didn't measure, so the lines are a little off--I'll have to fix them later (what was I thinking?!?  I didn't even notice it until weeks later!).

While spending so much time and energy on both of the kids' rooms, our poor master bedroom was feeling neglected. Over the past few weeks, I have redecorated and I am loving it!  When my mom was here a few weeks ago, we made a trip to the Pottery Barn Outlet and I bought the duvet cover. 

 We hung wall lamps on either side of the bed and I repainted my jewelry cabinet.  Above the cabinet, I did some 3-D art, which I think turned out very pretty ( it was free!) .

Now we have a nice room (retreat) --it feels so much more inviting and refreshing!

No comments: