Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Room Time

Afew weeks ago, Grayson dropped a nap so we are down to one long afternoon nap.
It didn't take long for me to realize that this was going to mean very long mornings--I am now keeping him awake from 8am-1pm.
So, I decided to start "room time" for him. He plays by himself in his room now for an hour!! It has been so much easier than I thought and he loves it! I just plop him down with his toys and he stares at me as if he's waiting for me to leave so that he can begin playing. My favorite part is sneaking up on him at the end to see exactly what he's doing. I've captured it a few times on video, so I thought I'd share.


We've been working on cleaning up. I'm glad to see that he's practicing during playtime!

5 comments:

Barbara Chambers said...

What a great guy! I can't believe the way he is so organized at this age. You've got a winner there!

Debra Taylor said...

Way to go, Grayson! You and Mom both benefit.

Katie said...

Love it, Mollie! I did the same thing with Chase when he dropped his morning nap and also with Jacob. It helps them with playing by themselves but also recharges them for the rest of the morning. He is so adorable!!!

Leslie said...

Good Job Grayson!! I hope Greer will do that!!! That is so sweet of him to bring you that book!!! I need to squeeze him soon!!!

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

You have done a great job Mollie!! He is such a big boy. You have inspired me, Ella started room time this week. I thought it might be nice for her and me to have some down time once the baby comes so perfecting room time is our summer challenge. We miss you guys!