Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New closets!!

This past weekend we finished up Grayson's closet and my laundry room closet.
Some of you may be a little confused as to why I am so excited about this, but until you live in an old house, you don't appreciate the idea of storage!!
The closet in Grayson's room has always been there, but had no practical storage--basically it was just an open space with one wood board and a bar. So, we ripped out what was there, refinished and repainted it, and added our own storage system. So...ta da!! He now has a closet. It's a little empty now but I'm sure it will fill up fast once he's here!

Notice the white "dress" hanging--it's the outfit I came home from the hospital in. My mom gave it to us as a suggestion that maybe Grayson can come home in it. However, I don't think Chad will be able to handle Grayson wearing a dress with lace--he will definately have to have something a little more manly. Sorry mom!

Now for the laundry closet. I can hardly call it a "laundry room" because I'm just not lucky enough to have a whole room specifically designed to do the laundry. But..we're thankful for what we do have. And now, thanks to my handy husband, it is a very efficient, practical space to store my cleaning supplies and do the laundry. I even have my very own utility sink which will come in very handy when I start washing stinky diapers!!
I wish I had a "before" picture, but the space was really so nasty I just never thought of taking a picture. However, I am so appreciative for this new space!!!

3 comments:

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

I love the closets! I am sure you had a blast when they were finished and you got to organize. That is always my fav part.

Meredith said...

Hey Mollie! They look amazing! I remember the old laundry closet! Wow!! What a difference! You guys are really amazing! I can't wait to see pics of Grayson!! I know you are excited to meet him! Miss you!

Julie said...

Ed would side with Chad on the idea of bringing a boy home in a dress...they have some really cute little boy outfits out there that are not in the "dress" realm.