Thursday, July 14, 2011

We Did It!!

 Guess what we've been doing for the past 3 days?  Yep, potty training!!  I have been  procrastinating this dreaded milestone, but I decided to conquer it this week when we ran out of diapers for Grayson.  My friend had recommended that I do this method.  It's Potty Training in 3 days!  So that means that I can do absolutely  nothing but focus on Grayson for 3 days--no laundry, no cooking, no cleaning, no leaving the house--nothing!!  So we put off all of our playdates and outings for the week and started our "potty training boot camp" as Chad calls it.  So...
Day 1:

 11 accidents!!  I was getting a little frustrated, but since I'm so stubborn, I was determined to make this work!  By the evening, Grayson had done 3 peepees in the potty!!!  Progress!  He even stayed dry during his afternoon nap and at night.
Day 2:
 Only 3 accidents all day!!  Much improved!
 Sweet Caroline! She really made this process much easier because she was soooo gooooood!!  She just hung out while mommy had to tend to Grayson.

 No accidents at night, either!! yay!
 The word of the week to describe Caroline:  patient!!  This is often how she looked--half undone!! Whether it was a halfway diaper change, halfway dressed, halfway fed, she didn't seem to mind.  She just patiently waited for me to return.

Day 3:
 BIG BOY!!
 No accidents!! None!!  I actually couldn't believe it!! He was telling me every time he needed to potty.  He even did his first poopy in the potty!!  He is also not having any accidents during his sleep!  By the end of day 3, he was begging to go outside, so we both stepped out for some fresh air for the FIRST time all week!! 
 I do believe this was one of the L O N G E S T weeks of my life.  However,  it was very successful and I highly recommend the method.  I am an all-or-nothing kind of girl, so it worked well for me.  No more diapers--daytime, nighttime--DONE!  Now, I 'm sure we'll have some accidents here or there but we're not turning back!  I didn't want to drag this potty training thing out for weeks and weeks--I've heard horror stories that terrified me!  So I'm happy to say that we've made HUGE progress and everyone is happier!! 
Now need a vacation!!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

So glad you had success! Way to stick with it! One baby is diapers is sooo much better. :-)

Karyn Hughes said...

Yay Grayson! Makes it worth all the hard work to see him do so well!!

Anonymous said...

https://koorasep.de/invite/i=11232
#best all new free kid videos