Monday, June 4, 2007

first time for everything

Okay, so this is our first blog entry!! I know, we're a little behind, and I'm not even sure how good I'll be about keeping it updated, but I will give it a try!!
To catch you up a little...
Chad and I are now happily settled in Marietta, Georgia. We bought a house in an older, historic area 2 years ago and it has kept us EXTREMELY busy!! However, we have learned more than we ever thought we would know (ex.how to install a new bathtub and toilet, plumbing, electric, tile, refinish floors, etc.) and Chad continues to amaze me in his ability to work so hard on something and not give up!! I usually end up being his sidekick and just handing him the tools he needs, but I think he does actually appreciate my input every now and then.

We have a church family in Woodstock, which we joined a year ago and we absolutely love the expository Bible teaching, intense studies of Biblical doctrine, and fellowship with others our age!!!! God has taught us so much and we are so thankful for ALL the blessings He has given to us!!

Chad is still working for an engineering firm as a landscape architect and seems to enjoy it most days. I am teaching Kindergarten at an elementary school in Smyrna. I absolutely love it--I am team teaching (yes-me, another teacher, and a parapro in one room!!!--unbelievable!!) and I have to say that teaming makes all the difference in the world!!! Our class is mostly Hispanic children and they are precious!

Last year, we got our first family dog!! She's a golden retriever named Dakota and she has been such a joy!!! She has kept us very active and we just love to laugh at how much personality she has. She's 80 lbs (1year!!) and spoiled rotten!!

So..back to the remodeling because I've had lots of requests for pictures. So far, we have refinished all the floors, totally gutted and remodeled the kitchen, painted all rooms, totally gutted and remodeled the guest bathroom, landscaped the front yard, built a fence for the back yard, and tiled a fireplace. Our next project is to put a new floor in our sunroom--hopefully this summer, and totally gut and remodel the master bathroom--hopefully this fall/winter. Then in the spring of next year, we will paint the outside of the house. I'll try my best to keep this updated!!






kitchen- before (hideous wallpaper!) kitchen--after--we removed a wall to put an island




guest bathroom--before guest bathroom- after



4 comments:

Julie said...

Remodeling is so much fun...especially when you see the finished product. Continue to have fun working together. It's great to have a husband to enjoy that stuff with.

Mary said...

Hey Mollie Wallie & Chad! Sounds like you have been busy! It's good to hear from you! We will let Chad come and help us when y'all get finish! I'll check back and you keep us updated!
Love you!
Mary, Dennis & Reles!

Reeves Cannon said...

Hi Mollie! Your home is soo cute- I love the kitchen updates!! I found your blog thru Ashley's! It is soo fun catching back up with people from my CU years!
Rebecca (Adams) Cannon

Reeves Cannon said...

I did not realize I was on under my husbands blog- our family blog is at www.allabouttal.blogspot.com
Rebecca